Port Pirie – Come. See. Change and the Port Pirie Regional Council are proud to host the 24thannual SA Masters Games, and Port Pirie’s eighth Masters Games, following a seven-year break.
The Games will be held from Friday April 5th to Sunday April 14th 2019 with some events outside these dates. It’s going to be ten fun-filled days of sport, events and functions in and around Port Pirie and the Southern Flinders Ranges.
The Masters Games Hub will be located in the Multipurpose Room of Aquatic & Leisure Centre, Mary Elie Street in Port Pirie. The Games Hub will host the registration site for athletes to sign and collect their Athlete Pack.
The Opening Ceremony, which will be held on Saturday, April 6th, will include the Athlete March with activities to kick off from 7.30pm. Athletes will be required to assemble at Memorial Oval at 7pm.
The only prerequisite to compete in the Port Pirie – Come. See. Change. SA Masters Games is that you meet the minimum age or over for your chosen sport and you can compete in as many sports as you wish.
The focus of the Games is on fun, friendly competition and to enjoy all that Port Pirie and the Southern Flinders Ranges has to offer.
Port Pirie will play host to a number of social events across the 10-day event, beginning with the Opening Ceremony which will highlight the new multi-million dollar Sporting Precinct, in Port Pirie.
Check out our Social Calendar for more details.
Games merchandise is available to purchase on line or at the Games Hub.
Registration Hub Open Times:
The Games Hub
Friday, April 5: 8am – 6pm
Saturday, April 6: 8am – 4pm
Sunday, April 7: 8am – 4pm
Monday, April 8: 8pm – 5pm
Tuesday, April 9: 8am – 5pm
Wednesday, April 10: 8am – 5pm
Thursday, April 11: 8am – 5pm
Friday, April 12: 8am – 5pm
Saturday, April 13: 8am – 5pm
Sunday, April 14: 8am – 4pm
Conditions of Entry:
Please check your sport for Closing Date for Entries.
Late entries may be accepted by some sports and may incur a $20 late games entry fee per person.
- Entry forms: Participants must complete a games entry form along with payment. Team organisers must also fill out the team entry form.
- Entry Fee: $40 (GST inclusive) compulsory entry fee covers administration, event management, medals, certificate and souvenir bags.
- Sports Levy: Sports Levies are set by the individual sports and vary from sport to sport.
- Team Sports: Each team organiser must complete the team entry form and each team member must complete the games entry form.
- Age Limit: Competitors must turn the minimum age for their chosen sport by 31st December 2018. The minimum age for competitors varies from sport to sport. However, where the minimum age for the sport is 30 years or below, participants will be required to have turned the minimum age AT THE TIME OF THE GAMES. Proof of age will be required at registration by all competitors by means of photo ID. Competitors may choose to compete against athletes in a younger age category, but not against an older age category.
- Insurance: It is recommended that all competitors secure and are covered by personal medical insurance, or have secured and are covered by appropriate health cover prior to competing in the Games. Some sports may require additional insurance, specific to their sport. See individual sport for more information.
- Accompanying persons/non playing officials: Accompanying persons/non playing officials may pay their games entry fee of $40.00 to receive all benefits available to competing athletes. However, medals will not be awarded.
- Refund Policy: A refund, less $10 administration fee, will be given, up to and including 5thMarch 2019. Refunds after the closing date will be sent at the discretion of the Organising Committee. All requests for refunds must be in writing.
- Games Schedule: The sports coordinators reserve the right to cancel or vary the length and type of competition if numbers do not allow the original program to be followed.
Register electronically by clicking on the Register Now button above or click here to download a PDF version.
For information on Port Pirie and also Accommodation please visit our Port Pirie page or click here.